Wednesday, July 12, 2006

More of this and that...

  • This blogger has been approached by many individuals to write something about the situation with the brassiere (school cafeteria) which is currently undergoing renovation at the peak of the semester. Over one-thousand students rely on this service (I made that figure up, but you get the point). Every person that lives on campus has to purchase a meal card. Services are being moved to Don's tavern, Juicy Bits and Lakeside Grill. A few questions arise 1) why is this being done in the middle of the semester? 2) why can't it be done in the break in 5 weeks? 3) what notice were students given for this disruption? 4) did the students have a say in this? 5) Did president Jess know about this? (someone I respect very much....partly cause she can drink more than me, but mostly cause she's got small town values and common sense). Looking for responses to these questions?
  • Here's an email my good friend Matt Lorkin sent to someone named Daniela Lakmayer who presumably has a say over the brassiere:

Good Afternoon.
I would like to express my utter disgust at the level of service provided by your office this week.
1st. The Brasserie has been closed for what I understand to be some form of maintenance. I do not understand why the primary eating facility should be closed at all during the semester. Surely this work could of been completed during the break. The facilities provided in lieu of the brasserie are either a licensed premises or a venue with a maximum seating capacity of approximately 20 people.
2nd. I attended my first meal this week on Tuesday night at the Lakeside. The meals were all luke warm and self service. Surely this is un hygienic. Each customer handled the utensils, which is in my opinion of third world standards. I observed one person coughing over the food as he was serving himself. Another had a gym towel wrapped around his shoulder as he too served himself. When I enquired about dessert I was told that jelly was the only option available.
3rd. I attempted to get some lunch today at Lakeside. The que which I stood in for half an hour had only halfed by the time I was so frustrated that I left. I have been told by a fellow student that after he waited for some forty minutes for lunch at the Lakeside he was told that most ingredients were not available and options were limited. He was served a ham role within one piece of ham upon it. When he inquired about desert he too was informed that jelly was the only option.
4th. I am paying a significant amount of money to attend this university. I am utterly disgusted that I have to waist my time pointing out the inadequacies of your service let alone the time and frustration involved in attempting to obtain meals in ques or being served un hygienic meals.
5th. Please notify me when my funds forwarded to you for this weeks meals have been returned to my credit card.
Matt Lorkin

  • From the sounds of it...there's alot more people out there like Matt
  • How about the Conservative government back home with this. It's about time. Guess who was the first to recognize these victims? ...see here... I remember the day this was done. I was proud to be a conservative this day. And today I am proud again.
  • Is there something wrong with me? (don't answer that...I know there is) I can't get enough of this dog... It's the third time I've put it on my blog.
  • Glad to see www.teaminappropriate.blogspot.com doing so well. The good staff at www.gordprisco.blogspot.com thank them for their efforts of reporting what's news from here and afar.

4 Comments:

At 9:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to Gord's questions:
(1) because it didn't get finished in the last semester break
(2) correct, they should've waited til the next semester break
(3) students were informed via the food committee meeting minutes posted in the brasserie weeks beforehand
(4) yes they had a say if they went to the food committee meeting or read the minutes and responded to food and beverage division regarding the proposal
(5) the proposal was in the minutes of student council's week 3 meeting

Look, it is a stupid idea not to wait until the holidays. But the lakeside's sandwiches are awesome. And who doesnt like eating steak for dinner every second night?

 
At 4:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dog video is NUTS!

 
At 9:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came back to visit your blog! Despite your refusal to lift the ban...and continuous attempts to manipualate me into purchasing m&ms for you in order to even begin considering my reinstatement. Despite the emergence of a plethora of 'bond blogs' or blogs by bond people...whatever...my parents fortunately (or unfortunately)- i might have to take this up with them - taught me the importance of honesty and loyality. Honesty...a different matter however this reader will continue, despite the fact other blogs want to write about her and respond to her rather than ban her, to diligently read this blog because it's funny and well at times ridiculous but also because you've gotta be loyal! The blog is okay and i keep reading it but it's staff have been slack of late and no excuse shall excuse this behaviour unless it's summer break...but in this country that's in january. Anyway, looking forward to, and anticpating, a revival of gordprisco.blogspot in the next few days!

 
At 12:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dog has nothing on these guys....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-wUgnyGv0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home