Friday, January 20, 2006

Is it on?


Last night was the Bond Uni Pub Crawl. The night started out fine...or should I say the 'day' started out fine - the crawl began at 2pm.

Marky Buoy told me early that we had to escape, and take care of some business...but I had other plans.

I think I knew the night was going to be good when Bryan from New York mentioned his favourite baseball player was "Donnie Baseball." I think that was a sign of things to come.

Things got rockin' by the time we got to our third bar - Platinum, in Broadbeach. A few drinks were consumed as the ladies started to get intoxicated.

I really can't remember much else between then and 'The Shack.' That is when The unnamed student and Davey Buoy showed up. At this point, let me set the stage for you...The unnamed student (see question mark photo below) wanted to have a quiet night. Things changed when he saw a certain lady. Apparently "it was on." But let's get things straight, my behaviour was abhorrent. Until the unnamed student got into the Red Bulls and Vodka, he was well-behaved. After that, he was a mess.

On another note when it came to the ladies, while Marky Buoy got a 'Norwegian Wood,' he was unsuccessful in getting any further. I think he still owes me a beer...

Anyway, the unnamed student's night ended in tragedy. Why you ask? Cause he ended up not going home, jumping into a wet bush (and not the kind of wet bush he wanted) that was full of redbacks, and drinking boxed wine. I think the only memory from the evening will be arriving in a month in a letter from Visa. Thanks for the drinks unnamed student.

That all said, it was another great night put on by Bond Uni. Special thanks to Sam Marash for an admirable job as bus leader and Davey Buoy for not being a threat in picking up any ladies.

See you next weekend...It might be on!

Please see the next column - "Marky and Donnies Double Troubles"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home