Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Australian racism continued....


I've had a few comments to my Australian racism post. It hasn't gone over too well with the Aussies in the crowd. Just to let you know, I'm gonna send my website address to my Constitutional Law Professor - Patrick Keyzer. I'm gonna plead with him to write a short comment on this matter. The blog doesn't usually get this heated, but considering such interest, we'll take it a little further.

A few small notes about Professor Keyzer who is new to Bond this semester....he's 39, he wrote our textbook, used to work for Chief Justice Brennan, has a lovely wife named Susie -who I have had the pleasure to meet, and he has two small children who I have only seen pictures of on his mobile phone.

Professor Kezyer told us a great story about how he met his wife. I would argue that it's a true tale of love. Anyway, they went on a first date. It went well. It was late....and at the end of the date, Susie said something like, that was a great date, when can I see you again? To which Professor responded, "how about now?" What a great line...Susie said yes. They started living together nine days later, and got married a month after (something like that...you get the point).

Anyway, hopefully Professor Keyzer will add a quick comment to the blog about this matter.

Hopefully he doesn't get me kicked out of school for this post. I do expect my tutorial mark to suffer as a result.

(I may have found the controversy I was looking for)

More to come.....

2 Comments:

At 1:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Australian. People in this country ARE racist. I do not approve of these people. If other Australians do not believe this there is a plethora of websites to look at. (A warning to those from other nations: do not be seduced by the rhetoric of those who attempt to argue otherwise). For an example of a website try Gary Foley's (he is an Aboriginal Activist and was one of the individuals associated with the formation of the Aboriginal Tent Embassy in Canberra:
http://www.kooriweb.org

 
At 10:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, you should spend less time whinging and more time learning how to close brackets - they ain't going to close themselves! Chump!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home