Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Random Observations from www.gordprisco.blogspot.com


  • Canadian Federal Budget came out today. Looks good. Based on 5 priorities set out by Prime Minister Harper in the last election. Finance Minister Jim Flaherty, who I worked with and used to know a bit from my days at Queen's Park, delivered the budget. If there's one guy that believes in tax cuts, it's Flaherty.
  • I picked 6th overall in my baseball pool. I chose Johan Santana, pitcher from the Minnesota Twins. He's said to have the best "stuff" in baseball. After a few not so great starts he's heating up. He is currently mowing down the Seattle Mariners nicely. And to think I almost traded him.
  • John Daly plays $5,000 slot machines. In Australia, I once played the 2 cent slot machines. But I ended up winning the $640 jackpot. That's all I have to say about that.
  • Glad to see the Conservatives gaining ground in Quebec. They now lead the separatist Bloc Quebecois.
  • Rudolph Giuliani is considering a run at the White House. John McCain is also considering a run. Either of these individuals would make a great President.
  • I put my back out so bad yesterday that I couldn't move. Yet, I battle through a round of golf that saw me birdie the first hole and par the last. I have never had worse spasms in my entire life. To all you kids out there, you can learn something from this...but I'm really not sure what it is.
  • The pain in my back is subsiding, but I still can't move much. I guess that's why I am lying on the couch writing a meaningless post to my blog. I really have nothing else to do.
  • I am very angry that the Blue Jays lost today. In my estimation, their pitching has to improve if they're going to contend. Somebody other than Chacin and Halladay have to step up.
  • Even though I called before the season that I thought Kobe Bryant would be the MVP of the NBA this season, Steve Nash should get the award again - that is also I have to say about this.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious, a couple of posts ago, you made note to the web world about playing golf with Marc and Bob, and how there would be more matches to follow. What happened to the final matches? I figured since you were so adamant about posting the fact that you were up the matches that you would also post how that series wrapped up? But alast you have failed to mention this? Seems to me, this blog is biased. I think I have a better chance of getting fair value for media coverage from the CBC and the STAR than this BLOG. So Vitamin, what was verdict in the matches, who won?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home