Sunday, May 21, 2006

Thoughts from the past week

  • Pub crawl #4 for me was Friday night. Another good time had by all. It was nice to meet all the new kids this semester. Remembering that when I was doing my first degree in University, most of them were in grade 3. I may stop going on crawls...until next semester that is.
  • Last Tuesday was a the yearly party at Melbas called drink the pub dry. It didn't quite live up to its name.
  • Happy belated birthday to James Payne. Apparently I forgot to wish him Happy Birthday on Wednesday...and especially at midnight of the drink the pub dry evening.
  • The DaVinci Code is a great movie. Never mind the critics. Thank you to Birch Carroll and Coyle Cinemas for their student discount.
  • It's a Dog Eat Dog world out there...
  • Jason Botelho is a Fantasy Baseball maniac. He used to work for Joe Spina MPP, but is now at Bond Uni with me.
  • My dad sent me some info on Barbaro - the horse that was supposed to win the triple crown this year. Sadly, he broke his leg in the Preakness. My Dad has always been into horse racing...he took me to the track for hours and hours as a young child...although, I never remember leaving the car. And when he reuturned, he'd always be running and tell me that, "we gotta get outta here quick." Then one-day we had to move into a trailer park and my mom left him. But dad and I kept going to the track.
  • Ok, so that last story was a complete fabrication.
  • AL Cy Young prediction - Scott Kazmir . Another fantastic outing by the young lefty from Tampa Bay - 8 innings, 11 k, no earned runs.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gord; thanks for the message. Just remember, the average at this uni is a credit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home