Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday's Musings

  • My buddy Keith Richards fell out of a tree. I specifically told him not to climb anymore trees, but did he listen - no! Now they're going to drill into his skull. Well, they're not really going to, but I think the doctor just wanted to see what would happen if he did.
  • I see the Toronto Star isn't liking Prime Minister Harper's plan to curb gun crime by lengthening sentences. The Star says this will result in our provincial and federal jails "swelling". Wow, that's terrible! Criminals in jail instead of on the street!
  • Coming soon to the blog, movie reviews. I watched The Oyster Farmer and Wolf Creek, both Australian films. Not too bad. Australian films for the most part are pretty good. The Castle is great. But nothing beats the best Canadian film of all time - Strange Brew.
  • The name "Big David" is now dead according to Big David...but why Big David?
  • Today I biked to the mall. I went from shop to shop looking to see who had the cheapest M and M peanuts. K-Mart was selling 250g bags for $2.48, a savings of 50 cents. I then went to the reject shop to buy some caramel corn - on sale for $1.75. The went to Coles and bought 2 litres of Orange Juice for $2.00 and Linguini for $0.89. great bargains. Orange juice doesn't come in concentrate frozen cans here anywhere. It only comes in plastic bottles.
  • My back was sore at the mall, but it's slowly getting better.
  • Burger King is called Hungry Jacks in Australia. McDonalds is called McDonalds.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home