Friday, May 26, 2006

a wild week

Well folks, it sure has been a wild one. If you don't already know (which I am sure most of you do) I separated my shoulder on Monday in a wild bike accident. I was chasing a man down who had just stolen an old ladies purse, and I yelled, "hey! you're not stealing some women's purse on my watch!" So I chased after him, caught him, and had a wild punch out. He must have been 7 feet tall. But on my last punch, I knocked him senseless and my arm at the same time.

Ok, so that was a total lie...I fell off my bike at school like an idiot. Luckily Sabrina and Jess were close by and took me to the school Doctor office where I proceeded to pass out. Thanks as well to Dave and Rob for taking me to the Gold Coast hospital. The morphine was great...and it was also nice to get my arm back in its place. It wasn't pleasant having it hang off my body for those couple hours.

Thanks also to all the well wishers by msn, email or phone. Another one of my friends (who has been banned from the blog) even took me to the grocery store - thanks.

Subsequent to my accident, classes this week were sparse.

Last night was some fun though. The new blood (Sean and Mike) along with their roommates Tannis and Ben had a beginning of the semester get together. Marc, Dave, Morgan, Jay (who had his computer pick his fantasy baseball team), Sabrina and I took a taxi to their Ranier Crt residence. The taxi driver was an asshole. He started the metre early while I was putting on my shirt. I mean shit! It takes a cripple a little while longer...Next I'll just call a damn limo, although I hear they're expensive if you take them by yourself.

Anyway, great to see everyone out last night. The Rocket even changed his ways to have a drink or two...or three.

Lindsay and Gia are having a get together Saturday evening in their broadbeach apartment...should be interesting.

In other news, can't believe John Tory made full front page news of the Toronto Star last weekend. Tory is the conservative leader of the opposition in Ontario who will have his hands full in the October 2007 election. But this article shows that the Toronto Star may be behind him? It would be quite odd, considering how shitty a liberal rag it is.

I made a trade in my fantasy league this week. My ace Johan Santana was dealt to DBanators for Vlad Guerrero. Here's hoping his bat will make a difference for my offence. Although, scrap heap players like Brandon Phillips( Cincinnatti 2nd baseman) and Casey Blake (Cleveland 3rd baseman leading the league in hitting) are carrying me while I am slowly climbing my way back the ladder. It's great to be out of last place and hit 3rd last place this week. I'm on my way up.

It is next to impossible to type when you only have one arm...this is taking me forever.

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The unnamed individual who took you to grocery store did more than that. Took you to the Doctor and helped you with your sling. The so called 'friend' will pass on the offer of coffee or dinner if you lift the blog ban. Come on talk about holding a grudge - it was the result of a third person's actions, not her own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home