Monday, July 17, 2006

Points of interest


I have had alot of response on my recent posts. www.gordprisco.blogpsot.com Culinary Critic Matt Lorkin has recently sent the following email:

Gordon
I have previously approached Brendan about the opening hours of the library. As you would know on Friday, Saturday and Sunday it closes at early. 6pm on Friday and I think likewise on Saturday and Sunday. To a struggling student living on the bread line it is of concern that I cannot get access to the few dog-eared copies of the texts after hours.
I have spoken to my buddy Allun (correct spelling) and he and many others share my concern regarding the Law Library opening hours. I understand that these text can be borrowed overnight. However, my concerns, and others, relate to the access of the Library in general. A small extension to 8pm would be appreciated
Like I said I spoke to Brendan and he seemed to briefly listen before telling me he had to race off for some important business. I saw him ten minutes later sitting at Juicy Bits enjoying a coffee with an attractive young lady.
Matt.

  • Mr. Lorkin has also told me that he is accusing President Donoghue of buying votes with Donuts and Coffee. He is currently looking into the election rules to see if any were breached. I told him both sides did it, and he just responded with, "that's rubbish!" Personally, I think it was a great idea. Obviously the Culinary Critic has a "beef" with the new LSA. He wants answers, and I will ensure we put all of the resources of www.gordprisco.blogspot.com to get these answers.
  • Lorkin also believes that Donoghue was offering the cheap "international roast" that they offer in the Bond cafeteria. I had to tell Mr Lorkin that they actually had Tim Horton's coffee, that was shipped from Canada. He responded, "Mate, I've drank international roast before. I know what it smells like, I know what it looks like, I know what it tastes like. That was definitely international roast."
  • I really don't know how we got onto the opening hours of the law library, but if it's an issue, then the crack staff at www.gordprisco.blogspot.com will be there to hear the people's views. I am wondering how the Bond LSA will respond to these concerns?
In other news...
  • Jordo was a disappointment in the North Bay Men's Invitational Golf Tournament this past weekend. He shot rounds of 88 and 86 to finish 8th in the 5th flight.
  • Welcome Brook Dyson to the blogging world. Brook is a class guy and I am sure his blog will be topical and fun. Find Brook at www.dailydyson.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

At 9:37 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it true Brendan was buying votes by offering coffee (international roast) and donuts rejected from Lakeside.

 
At 9:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is I saw it. Brendan was serving the same crusty old donuts overn and over. He thrust one in my face and a cup of scalding horid coffee. I politely accepted it walked over to the garbage and placed it on top. I then went to see Kathy(the coffee cart) for something nice. When I turned around I saw Brendan picking up the donut and the coffee from the garbage. He put the donut back on the 'fresh plate' and handed the coffee to the opposition candidate. A guy came walking past and Brendan handed him the donut.

 
At 9:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh that was me I ate that donut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home