Sunday, October 01, 2006

When we was Fab

  • Nice of Samir, Tannis and Heidi to throw a little get together for their collective birthday celebrations. Samir had a few to drink. The girls looked great as always.
  • My punch at the birthday party was a hit. Here's how to make it - grab any kind of alcohol around, mix in some box white wine, mix in two or more types of non-alcoholic beverage. Serve chilled or warm.
  • Several candidates in the upcoming election attended the party including Matt Cantatore, Dylan, Matt Hooper, and Mike Truce. Rumour has it that Truce's competition - Sadia Stathis - was also working on her campaign last night, but one has to wonder what would be the better use of someone's time - spending time at home or out meeting the people like Truce did.
  • Graduation at Bond was yesterday. That meant seeing a few faces that have left us. Fantastic to see Will Fennell, James Perry, Sam Chester, Jess McCauley.
  • Another quality guy out last night was Matt Cam. A great ambassador for Bond. He was asked to do some Contracts tutorials and have heard he's doing a great job.
  • One of my favourite mobile text messages of the semester came after pub crawl from President Jess Leach when she texted this message to a few of us, "I have kebab on my leg and possibly bone in my throat." I still laugh at that one and I'm not sure why?
  • Good to see the Brisbane Broncos win the Rugby Grand Final. Better player - Cameron Smith or Darren Lockyear? Discuss (I have no idea what I'm talking about as usual).
  • I think that The Beatles song, Here Comes the Sun, written and sung by George Harrison, may be the greatest non-AC/DC song in history. Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones is a close second. In due time I think that some of Coldplay's songs may be considered in the same conversation.

9 Comments:

At 8:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

sadia has my vote

 
At 10:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Sadia...but Mike has made an effort to come talk to me...will sadia do the same?

 
At 10:13 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

just because somebody can talk doesn't mean they can act.

 
At 2:10 p.m., Blogger Denny Crane said...

Sadia is pleasing on the eye and that is all, Mike has my vote, Mike is a champ.

What is surprising though is the lack of posters up yet, alart from myself and Chad, and some Miami Vice bloke, whose focus is questionable. It has been 3 days im wondering what the lack of commitment can be put down to

Skuller, supporting the irresponsible consumption of alcohol

 
At 10:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadia is friendly and hardworking. She has the balance; she will attend the parties to get to know the students (which I believe is really important) but she will take what the students say on board and actually put in the hard yards to implement their suggestions (even if this means sacrificing a Saturday night).

 
At 6:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

" Skuller said...
Sadia is pleasing on the eye and that is all, Mike has my vote, Mike is a champ.

What is surprising though is the lack of posters up yet, alart from myself and Chad, and some Miami Vice bloke, whose focus is questionable. It has been 3 days im wondering what the lack of commitment can be put down to

Skuller, supporting the irresponsible consumption of alcohol "

Shit, Mike just got enough bad press to loose the election. An endorsement by jack is like the kiss of death.

 
At 7:43 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love 'Here Comes the Sun' to the extent that I want it at my wedding/funeral/whatever.

Come get your contacts sometime, they are grossing out my room.

 
At 9:42 a.m., Blogger The Vitamin's Blog said...

just for the record. I am not sure how the contacts got to President Jess' room.

Could this be the scandal that brings her down during her last week of office?

 
At 12:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, how appropriate that my greatest rock songs ever would cross with the looming council elections.

Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones

the best and only ticket running

AND

Dire Straights - Money for Nothing

"money for nothin' and yer chicks for free..."

That's pretty much my motto for social director.

Bronte

 

Post a Comment

<< Home