Wednesday, July 26, 2006

This, that, and the other thing that I can't remember.

  • With all the terror this new LSA has gone through, I've been thinking of training a few young Queensland High Schoolers to bring the same sort of accountability to their local high school student bodies.
  • I think you're all aware that this is the official dog of www.gordprisco.blogspot.com. However, this one is now a close second.
  • I'm thinking of changing the name of this page to the Vitamin's propaganda page.
  • My good friend Al Pyette tells me that when the Euphrates River dries up, we're all in trouble. He goes on to remind me to read the good book as it all unravels.
  • Tonight is Club Empire (the Business School's Club 20) at Bond Uni. A few cheap drinks with friends never hurt? I'm giving my staff the night off.
  • Next Tuesday 1 April 5pm is an LSA meeting (in the LSA common room) where they intend to change their constitution. My crack staff will be reporting on this issue. We're also following other issues as they happen...or a few days after they happen...well...really, we're just making things up as we go along.
  • If anyone knows where M&M peanuts are on sale this week, please post a comment and tell me. I am going through withdrawal.
  • Patrick Keyzer won the student teaching excellence award at Bond. What an asset to the school. If www.gordprisco.blogspot.com had to vote for the best tutor at Bond Uni, we'd choose Elizabeth Greene. She's the best. It's always a battle to get into her tutorials each semester.
  • Why would Mike Krzyzewski (Duke Blue Devils) risk tarnishing his reputation to coach the USA Men's Basketball Team? The team has a recent past of players with uncontrollable egos. Why would he want to deal with this potential disaster? Here's his answer to that question:

    “But this is what we do,’’ Coach K said. “By doing this, you keep your edge. As long as you’re coaching, you have to always think of getting better. As long as you’re playing, you’ve got to always think of getting better. As long as you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing, you’ve got to think about getting better."

    “You can’t just say, ‘I’m going to play it safe now.’ You’re continually looking for ways to get better.”

  • Footnote to Father Prisco for the Coach K stuff...

3 Comments:

At 1:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got that email from the library telling me the hours they are going to be open over exams. Didn't someone say on this blog that the library was going to open at 9am on the weekends? It's only open at 10am.

Does anyone remember who said it?

 
At 2:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: LSA meeting is on Aug 1 not April 1st!

 
At 8:43 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want a Diot brothers update!!!
Are they getting laid or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home